Passion > Talent

Passion > Talent

Passion is something I have never struggled to find. I have always had a burning desire to do the things that I love most in this world. I can train late into the night, I have endless hustle to grow my business and if ever you find the audacity to tell me I that can’t do something, you had better believe thats what I'm doing next. I have always held firm to the belief that, especially in America, the only limits you must adhere to are the limits that you put on yourself. You can do and be whatever you want if you posses both the passion and the focus to do so.

I am however, intelligent enough to recognize the fact that my optimistic worldly view is not shared by everyone. Many, I would say 95% if i had to guess, take a much more pragmatic view of the world. A view where the limits on your life are concrete and based on actually attributes like innate talent, genetic makeup and socio-economic status. So that you don’t think I live with my heads constantly in the clouds it’s important to note that while I do recognize those characteristics do indeed exist, I prefer to look at them as obstacles vice barriers. To accept limits on your life is to accept a state of victimhood, where you’re life is simply a product of your environment and there is only so much that you can do to affect change and that is a world view I will never accept. I have never taken any situation in life for what it is but instead have always chosen to look at it for what it has the ability to be. Even if I am wrong, at least I had the pleasure to wake up every day and look at life with aspiration instead of apathy.

There are simply to many stories of people overcoming insurmountable odds in order to achieve victory for me to believe that I am somehow limited to a life within the barriers that I was born with. I suppose that when I die, the writing in the history books will be the only true way to tell weather I was correct or not but in the meantime, at least I know I am the one holding the pen. Of course with every failure, doubt creeps in and I begin to think that maybe the nay sayers have a point. It is in that moment that I know that I must work the hardest. A deep craving for what I do is somehow letting me know that I was born for this, and furthermore, that craving has the ability to overcome any void of natural talent. When it’s two in the morning and I’m investing every ounce of sweat equity I have training in the garage or I’m up writing the next marketing scheme for my business there is only one thing that I repeat to myself, "I work too Goddamn hard to be anything but successful, I will be part of the 5%, if for no other reason than I am to stubborn to live with the other 95%.